How to Use U.S. Netflix Overseas
Learn how to use Netflix with great efficiency. Make the most out of that subscription! In this article, we’ll explain how to best navigate Netflix.
Netflix Watching Regulations
Netflix is a global platform that is accessible in over 190 countries. Each country has different content due to country regulations, copyright control and geographical licenses. If you’re looking to stream your favorite show while traveling internationally, or watching a show that is provided only in another country, there are some workarounds that will bypass Netflix’s streaming access.
Three Ways to Use Netflix from a Different Country
Using a Different VPN
A virtual private network or (VPN), allows the IP address of your computer to be disguised under a new location. This location can be changed and chosen by the user. Using a VPN will allow you to stream Netflix globally, and access content from different countries. Unfortunately, Netflix has blocked many VPNs, making the process to stream internationally a bit more difficult.
Changing Your DNS Address (For PC)
Changing your DNS address can be a bit confusing, yet it is a worthwhile skill to learn. Using Google Search will assist in finding a U.S. DNS server. The server will show a list of sites with a multitude of addresses that may be used.
- Try out some of your selected DNS servers.
- Once you have a working DNS address, click the Wi-Fi icon that is located in the taskbar.
- Select Open Network and Internet Settings.
- Click Change adapter options.
- If you are using a wired connection: right-click Local Area Connection and choose Properties.
- If you are using a wireless connection: right-click Local Area Connection and choose Properties.
- From here, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- Click on Properties.
- Next, enter the DNS address and restart your PC.
Changing Your DNS Address (For Mac)
- Once you have a working DNS address, click on the Apple logo in the menu bar.
- Click on open System Preferences.
- Click on the Network icon.
- Select your active connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and click Advanced.
- Next, go to the DNS tab and click the plus (+) button that is located under the DNS Servers box.
- Add a new DNS address.
- Paste the DNS address you have selected, click on it, and select OK.
- Optional item: Restart your Mac.
Renting a U.S. Based Phone Number
At Tardigrada.io, you can rent real phone numbers from popular U.S.A carriers. Tardigrada is the most trusted provider of temporary phone numbers since 2020. Our temporary phone numbers are able to receive SMS or verification codes, ensuring definite success with apps such as Netflix, Facebook or Instagram.
Accessing Netflix While Traveling
When traveling, Netflix limits items such as the selection of TV shows and movies. Additionally, even saved downloads may not be available to you if you are not in your country of registry. To access Netflix while you are traveling, all that you will need is a stable internet connection. Utilizing a VPN or DNS address will ensure that there will be no issues in accessing Netflix’s international streaming platforms, as well as accessing the U.S platform.
Traveling within Your Own Country
For streaming customers, when traveling within your own country, you may not experience any issues when accessing Netflix.
For customers who purchase DVDs, follow these steps to ensure your account information is updated:
- Visit your Account on Netflix.
- Select DVD shipping address.
- Make sure your shipping address is updated.
The change will take effect immediately, and once your current discs have been returned and received by Netflix, your next disc will ship to the new and updated address.
Moving to a New Country
Without a VPN or DNS, there are few factors to be aware of when continuing an account with Netflix.
- Payments, such as price, billing and payment methods are different in each country.
- You will still be charged by the same currency and plan price of the country you signed up in.
- This will stay the same if you do not cancel your account.
- If you would rather be charged in the currency and pricing of the country you are moving to, cancel or restart your account.
Fully utilizing a website can at times be unnerving, challenging, and frustrating, but it is certainly worth the trouble so you can fully enjoy the greatest television shows and movies the website has to offer.