How to Target Instagram Followers
Want more followers? We’ll show you how Instagram’s algorithm works, and how one’s account can take advantage of these factors to maximize visibility.
Understanding Instagram’s Algorithm
The Instagram algorithm serves to manage what users see or don’t see on the app. This algorithm is made up of a variety of processes and classifiers. Each part of the app – Feed, Explore, Reels – uses its own algorithm tailored to how people use it. The algorithm sorts the content to personalize your social media experience based on your likes and interactions. Your engagement with content pushes the type of posts you see to the top of your feed and explore page.
Here are some examples of types of interactions that affect your feed:
- Interaction with content or similar topics you are interested in.
- Your relationship with accounts, such as which accounts you view the most.
- How often you use Instagram.
- How many people you follow.
How Does the Instagram Algorithm Work?
Now that you may have a better understanding of what the Instagram algorithm is, we can focus on some tips to maximize your account’s visibility in order to gain more likes on the Instagram app.
Target Audience and Niche
A target audience or niche is an area or group of users that are interested in your content.
Here are some useful ways to engage these audiences and increase visibility on the explore page:
- Tailor your posts to the target following and niche to maximize the content in the algorithm and ensure follower engagement.
- Focus advertising towards these specific target groups to ensure that the content is effective.
- Involve the audience’s interests in posts, to develop content that will resonate with them.
Posting Time and Frequency
Inconsistent posting on Instagram is one way to fall behind in the algorithm, losing views and interactivity. To combat this, keep to a regular posting schedule. Here are some tactics that help use the algorithm to your favor:
- Create and upload consistent content to stay at the top of the algorithm
- Post daily stories to ensure consistent connectivity and visibility to your followers.
- Perhaps the most straightforward way to win with the Instagram algorithm is to post during peak hours. This tells you when users are active on the app and ensures that your content is being seen.
- Use tools such as content calendars and schedulers, to manage the frequency of the posts in order to post consistently.
The Makings of a Marketable Instagram Account: 10 Key Tips for Creating Good Quality Posts
Good quality posts are a great way to manage the aesthetics and desirability of your account. Here are ten tips that will help make sure your posts are seamless and help you gain likes on the Instagram app.
1. Use Captivating Images
- Use images that are bright, colorful, and eye-opening. This will stop users from scrolling past your posts, ensuring you receive likes or comments Make sure that the images chosen are sharp, bright, clear, and have great resolution.
- Pictures that stand out make use of complementary colors and utilize white space to make the subject pop!
- Images that move, such as burst photos or gifs distinguish themselves from the rest of the content on the user’s feed.
2. Use Graphics
Graphics are a great way to make posts stand out from others. Using graphics within the post can pull a viewer in by its use of creativity. Graphics that are colorful and consistent with the design of your account, can help create a uniqueness that is singular to your account or brand.
3. Target your Niche or Audience
Targeting your audience or niche ensures that you are engaging with your follower’s interests and likes. By tailoring your posts to your audience, and not straying from what they want to see, you can ensure that your posts are being received well.
4. Use Catchy Captions
A bad caption can dissuade a user from liking a good post. Using intriguing captions can stop a user from scrolling and inspire them to comment or laugh.
5. Follow Trends
A great way to get likes on Instagram and be bumped up on the algorithm order is to follow trends. Trends are fun and show interactivity from not just users but from other creators such as brands or influencers. Participating in these trends is a great way to keep up with what’s new and desirable.
6. Engage with Followers
Follower engagement is a great way to interact and build connections with brands and followers. Posts that invite the followers to participate, whether it be a poll or prompt to comment, ensure interaction with the post.
Examples of ways to engage with followers are:
- Use eye-catching visuals with captions to get users to participate with the post.
- Use polls to engage and learn more about your followers.
- Run a contest, whether it be through the use of likes or comments.
7. Post Reels
Instagram Reels make up a large amount of content found on Instagram that affects the algorithm. Posting reels that are trendy, creates great opportunities for users to click on your account on the explore page and give you a follow!
8. Add Personalization
Posting content that is personal as well as relatable, shows your followers that you are a human and not a robot. Most importantly, showing some personality can bring a smile to your followers’ faces and help them to have a reciprocal connection to your account.
Some ways to do this are to:
- Post memes!
- Post personal stories
- Reshare posts
- Post inspirational content
- Post User Generated Content
Having users submit their own content that may relate to your account, helps to engage with them, as well as increase connectivity with your followers. It also gives you some great content to share with the rest of Instagram!
10. Use Hashtags
Hashtags are a tool for discovery that group posts with similar posts. When users search for a specific hashtag, users can find your post within the tag. These tags can help to get more likes on instagram.
Effective ways to use hashtags are:
- Use hashtags that represent your niche.
- Make sure your hashtags are unique and not too populated.
- Use other hashtags that are relevant to your target audience.
Although successfully gaining more Instagram followers may take some time and effort, it is certainly an attainable goal for any aspiring influencer. If you ever want to give your following a boost, consider using Tardigrada.io. We specialize in renting out legitimate U.S. based phone numbers so you can create and verify more Instagram accounts. Gain more followers by joining the thousands of individuals already using Tardigrada, today.