How to Set Up Multiple Venmo Accounts in 2022
Interested in setting up multiple Venmo accounts? We’ll walk you through the process, step-by-step.
Can You Have Multiple Venmo Accounts?
Venmo is an app that allows users to send and receive money with ease. The app is widely used and has become a common way to pay for items and make transactions as easy as pressing a button. From paying for veggies at a farmer’s market, splitting dinner with friends, or sending a family member money, Venmo makes money management easy. When it comes to having multiple Venmo accounts, the process is not so simple. According to the platform, you can have two bank accounts added without causing any issues, but your account will be limited to only two bank accounts at once.
How to Set Up Multiple Venmo Accounts with the Same Phone Number
Unfortunately, there is no way to use the same phone number to set up more than two Venmo accounts. This is not allowed because having multiple accounts with the same phone number will cause authentication issues. Venmo needs to be able to verify your identity through an SMS verification sent to your device or phone number. Due to this, you will only be able to set up an account per each number and email.
There is another solution if you are looking to set up multiple Venmo accounts. You will need to get a rented phone number for each account. A virtual number is a great alternative for those who would rather not use their phone number to register, or need it to create multiple accounts. To create multiple accounts, be prepared with a rented phone number. Rent a phone number for each account you would like to create. For example, if you are looking to create five accounts, go ahead and rent five different phone numbers before registering for Venmo.
Follow these steps to make additional Venmo accounts with separate numbers:
- Register at Tardigrada.io and purchase as many credits as you need. The best feature of Tardigrada is that you do not have to purchase more than you need.
- Now, download and register for Venmo on iOS or Android.
- When it asks for your number, you need to enter +1 along with the virtual phone number you received from Tardigrada.
- Venmo will send a text to the number to verify that you are who you say you are.
- You will need to add your bank account information in order to finish registering.
- Once you’re able to receive SMS online with your new number, you can complete the verification and start using Venmo!
From here, you can follow these steps for each account that you would like to create. Once again, renting a phone number gives you unlimited opportunities for the number of accounts you would like to create.
How to Set up Multiple Venmo Accounts with the Same Bank Information
To set up multiple accounts with the same bank information will entail, having a joint account. To do this, you can make a new Venmo account with either your number or a rented phone number (if you are looking to make more than two accounts). Once you do this you will need to add your bank information, (see the section above). The first person to add the account will be notified when another user adds the same bank information to their account. This is put in place to protect other users who may have not given out bank permissions.
How to Add a Bank Account to Your Venmo Account
Follow these steps to add a bank account to any of your Venmo accounts:
- Open the Venmo app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Tap the three stacked lines in the top-left corner of the screen in order to access the Venmo menu.
- Select “Payment Methods.”
- Tap “Add Bank or Card…”
- Tap “Bank.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts according to the method you chose, to add your bank account to Venmo.
- Please note that when you add a new bank to your Venmo account, the app will process “micro transfers” for that bank account, meaning they will take out (and then immediately return) amounts of less than $1 each. This is a process that is used to verify that you’ve added a valid account to the system.
Can Venmo be Used Without a Phone Number?
You will need a phone number to create a Venmo account and be able to access it. This phone number is used to verify your identity as well as your device. Using a rented phone number will allow you to register a temporary number with Venmo rather than using your phone number. This is preferable as personal numbers contain much of our personal information such as full name and location, which makes users on this financial platform easily targetted by hackers or scammers.
Venmo SMS Verification Services
When signing up for online services such as Venmo, SMS verification is required, and you must provide the site with a phone number to register. This verification code confirms that you are the real owner of the account that is trying to be accessed. Without the confirmation of the verification code, there is no way to continue to access the account without the completion of the verification. Tardigrada.io offers complete SMS verification services with each rented phone number. Each number is disposable and can be changed as need be, which is desirable to those who need to update their accounts to avoid any verification issues.
Renting a temporary phone number for Venmo such as a non-VoIP number will allow you to register a new number that is not associated with your account. There are numerous reasons to use non-VoIP phone numbers such as to ensure privacy, shop online, and protect against data theft. Additionally, if this doesn’t work, you can try to bypass the Venmo phone verification to ensure that you will have future access to your account.