How to Protect your Private Phone Number From Spam
Scam callers take advantage of you having a public phone number. Here are a few ways you can protect your privacy, starting with your phone number.
Why Do I Constantly Get Spam Calls?
Spam calls are unwanted and annoying calls. These calls are usually from automated robots that are at the top of consumer complaints. They are also incredibly malicious because they are threats to individuals’ security, as their goal is to extract information to exploit the receiver. These robocalls may be received daily, and are created with automated systems, or autodialers, that contain pre-recorded messages with an artificial voice.
New technological systems have made these calls easy to reproduce and are a consistent nuisance to telephone owners. The FCC claims to be committed to protecting you from spam calls in a variety of different ways. The FCC also claims that these spam calls are a large problem, even as they try to implement new ways to stop the exponential growth of spam calls. There are billions of robocalls that are hitting American telephones every single month. **If you are receiving an exponential amount of spam calls, know that you are not alone, as it is a nationwide problem that is struggling to be solved. **
The Risk That Comes With Spam Calls
The ultimate risk that comes with receiving spam calls, is that your personal information is open to the public, while additionally being open to scammers. This leaves open opportunities in which you could become a target for potential scams and identity theft. This loss of privacy is the ultimate risk for individuals, as much of our personal information can be drawn from our phone numbers and through telephonic interaction. These calls are created to extract information that comprises your personal information and steal your money or livelihood. These calls are dangerous because it is very easy to be tricked into believing what they may tell you during the call.
Here are some additional risks that arise with receiving spam calls:
- You may not be aware that an incoming call is spam, as the caller ID doesn’t consistently differentiate between spam calls and regular calls.
- If you answer the phone, there is a risk of a scammer asking you for personal and private information that jeopardizes your security.
- If you happen to unknowingly answer any of their questions, your personal information will be used by the caller in unconsented ways.
- The caller can claim to be a government agency or certain company, tricking you into believing them and revealing private information.
- You may be pressured for information and feel the need to provide answers.
- Your voicemail may be hacked by the caller if you do not have a pin or password.
Spam calls are a threat because they can be extremely convincing. This forces individuals to be on the lookout for potential threats every time an unknown number calls. These calls create a stressful and dangerous aspect of our daily lives.
How Do I Get Rid of Spam Calls?
Spam calls can be a distraction and nuisance in our busy daily lives. One can begin to try to imagine what it would be like to live a life without them. If you’re looking for ways to get rid of robocalls or spam calls, **there are a multitude of techniques and options one can utilize to attempt to get rid of receiving robocalls. **
Some viable techniques to implement are to:
- Reach out to your phone company about tools such as call blocking.
- Download apps that block unwanted calls.
- Use a third-party system or app that supports robocall-blocking technology.
- Block spam calls as you receive them.
- Register your phone number on the Do Not Call List.
- Try your best to not answer calls from unknown numbers.
- Use a temporary phone number.
- Use a rented phone number.
These techniques are great options and ways to protect oneself from unwanted calls and potential scams. Tardigrada.io provides temporary phone numbers for rent that can provide extra protection from spam callers.
How Can Rented Phone Numbers Protect Your Privacy?
Rented phone numbers can protect your privacy in many ways as these phone numbers are not tied to your personal location or name. This can help to ensure that there is no leak or access to your personal information. Rented phone numbers allow there to be reassurance in the separation between your real phone number and the one that you have purchased.
Here are some ways that rented phone numbers protect your privacy:
- Your real location will not be revealed or be accessible from the number.
- Your name will not be revealed or be accessible from the number.
- Your personal phone number will be protected by not having to use it.
- The rented phone number is separate from your service provider, so spam calls cannot target your other devices.
Spam calls have become a regular annoyance and inconvenience in day-to-day life. Taking control of these calls and putting a stop to them can put your mind at ease, and make daily life a little less stressful. By renting phone numbers using Tardigrada.io, you can ensure that your privacy is protected when you need to use a phone number online.